This privacy notice has been created by us to be fully transparent with you. If you have been contacted by one of our clients who obtained your personal business information from us at Smith’s Clarity Solutions, then we are notifying to make you aware that your information was supplied by 118 information – http://www.118information.co.uk.
Smith’s Clarity Solutions (SCS) is responsible for processing the personal information gathered by 118 Information. SCS is a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). SCS’s place of business is Studio 4, Capitol House, 4-6 Heigham Street, Norwich, NR2 4TE. This notice has been created in accordance with current data protection legislation.
Personal Information Processed
We specialise in sourcing business contact lists for our clients who wish to conduct direct marketing campaigns, promoting their products and/or services. We source and process the following personal information about you:
1. Contact name (salutation, first name and surname).
2. Business mobile number (if applicable).
3. Direct business email addresses.
Where we obtained your personal information:
SCS is processing your personal information under the lawful ground laid out under the GDPR that we have a legitimate interest to do so. Our business model is to work as a broker between our clients who wish to conduct marketing campaigns and the Data Owner (118 Business Resource Ltd) who have the personal information available. The lawful ground of legitimate interest is laid out under the GDPR in Article 6(1)(f). Our legitimate interest is that the personal information supplied has been done so for a commercial purpose.
We will process your information in the following ways:
1) Your information will be stored on our secure servers which meet internationally recognised security standards.
2) License or sell your information to our clients who would like to market a product or service to you.
Who Buys Your Data?
Our clients are strictly other businesses in the form of Ltd, LLPs, PLCs, sole traders, partnerships and public bodies. We work with clients across all industry sectors who wish to gain contact with businesses such as yours about what they offer.
We will retain and have access to your data for as long as the license period is set with 118 Data Resource Limited. Once the license has expired, we will remove and erase your data from our systems.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, your rights are clearly laid out and we take the utmost of care to ensure we uphold those rights as detailed below:
1) Access – You have the right to access the information we hold about you. You can request this from us at any time, known as a Subject Access Request. Once we have received your request, we aim to respond to you within 24-48hrs. We will be able to inform you of what information we hold about you, how we obtained your information and where your information is stored and who it has been passed on to.
2) Erasure – You have the right to request your information to be removed from our systems (right to be forgotten). If received, we will remove your information from our systems and inform the client we have supplied your information to, to remove it from theirs as well. If you want your information also removed from 118 Data Resource, you will need to contact them directly – http://www.118information.co.uk
3) Restriction – You have the right to have your data suppressed by us. You can restrict our use on your data. This may be applicable if you do not object to us having access of your information but you don’t wish for it to be used in particular ways.
4) The Right to Object – You can object to the lawful ground we have processed your data. We will always be processing personal information under the ground of ‘legitimate interest’ as laid out under the GDPR. If you object to this processing, we will cease from processing your information and we will erase your information from our systems.
5) Data Portability – If we are processing your data under contract then you have the right to request a machine-readable copy of the personal information we are processing.
6) Automated Individual Decision-Making or Profiling – This type of processing does not apply to Smith’s Clarity Solutions. We do not process data in an automated way without human intervention.
If you do not wish for Smith’s Clarity Solutions to process your personal information then you have the right to object to us doing so. We take the process of storing and processing your information with the utmost care and respect. If you state you do not want us to have your information and process it, then we will erase it. This process will be completed within 24-48hrs of the request. You can object to us processing your information by emailing us at [email protected] or you call us on 01603 673 380.
Make a Complaint
You have the right to make a complaint, either to us directly by emailing [email protected] or you can make your complaint direct to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You will be able to find full information on the complaints procedure with the ICO here – www.ico.org.uk.